Silly Question: What's swap? - Questions

This is a discussion on Silly Question: What's swap? - Questions ; I know there are no silly questions, but I couldn't think of any other adjective Anyway, I keep running into the word "swap" for Linux... What is that anyway? And as a partition, how much space does it need (for ...

  1. Silly Question: What's swap?

    I know there are no silly questions, but I couldn't think of any other
    adjective

    Anyway, I keep running into the word "swap" for Linux... What is that
    anyway? And as a partition, how much space does it need (for a proper
    "swap")?

  2. Re: Silly Question: What's swap?

    Chris Mantoulidis wrote:

    > I know there are no silly questions, but I couldn't think of any other
    > adjective
    >
    > Anyway, I keep running into the word "swap" for Linux... What is that
    > anyway? And as a partition, how much space does it need (for a proper
    > "swap")?

    http://www.linuxhq.com/guides/SAG/x1479.html
    ..
    Murphy's Law is recursive. Washing your car to make it
    rain doesn't work.

+ Reply to Thread