Supervised shell access - Questions

This is a discussion on Supervised shell access - Questions ; Good evening, I have a need to allow a remote user to access a box I own. The user will require root privileges to maintain their product. Since the user is untrusted, I would like to supervise their access. Is ...

  1. Supervised shell access

    Good evening,
    I have a need to allow a remote user to access a box I own. The user
    will require root privileges to maintain their product.

    Since the user is untrusted, I would like to supervise their access.

    Is there a shell that anyone can recommend that allows me to okay each
    line they type?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Supervised shell access

    perl@nodata.co.uk (nodata) writes:

    > Is there a shell that anyone can recommend that allows me to okay each
    > line they type?

    Interactively? Not that I know of. You may wish to investigate sudo,
    though--it's an absolutely wonderful tool which allows you to grant
    permissions on particular commands to particular users.

    --
    Robert Uhl
    You see, in the post-televisual world we read. --John Gipson

+ Reply to Thread