max length of absolute path in linux - Questions

This is a discussion on max length of absolute path in linux - Questions ; Hi Can any one please tell me what is the maximum allowable length of "absolute path" on linux system? thanks in advance. Bhavin...

  1. max length of absolute path in linux

    Hi

    Can any one please tell me what is the maximum allowable
    length of "absolute path" on linux system?

    thanks in advance.

    Bhavin

  2. Re: max length of absolute path in linux

    B. Gandhi wrote:
    > Hi

    > Can any one please tell me what is the maximum allowable
    > length of "absolute path" on linux system?

    > thanks in advance.

    Looking in /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-8/include/linux/limits.h, I see:

    #define PATH_MAX 4096 /* # chars in a path name including nul */

    --
    Jim Buchanan jbuchana@buchanan1.net

+ Reply to Thread