MySql on RedHat 9 install problem - Questions

This is a discussion on MySql on RedHat 9 install problem - Questions ; Hi: I downloaded MySql 4.0 to Red Hat 9 OS but I cant figure out how to install it. Since RH9 comes with GNU/untar, I double click it on the main tar file and I can see the folders and ...

  1. MySql on RedHat 9 install problem

    Hi:
    I downloaded MySql 4.0 to Red Hat 9 OS but I cant figure out how to
    install it. Since RH9 comes with GNU/untar, I double click it on the
    main tar file and I can see the folders and files but I can't tell
    whether they are expanded somewhere or I am missing a step for the
    installation to occur.
    I installed Python and works.

    Appreciating any help on this matter,

    Adolfo
    EP Research
    Santa Barbara, CA

  2. Re: MySql on RedHat 9 install problem

    just get the RPMs from the CDs, then rpm -Uvh rpmname

    --
    Gokul
    http://pod.homelinux.net

    "Adolfo" wrote in message
    news:91de052a.0309161243.1c485a9c@posting.google.c om...
    > Hi:
    > I downloaded MySql 4.0 to Red Hat 9 OS but I cant figure out how to
    > install it. Since RH9 comes with GNU/untar, I double click it on the
    > main tar file and I can see the folders and files but I can't tell
    > whether they are expanded somewhere or I am missing a step for the
    > installation to occur.
    > I installed Python and works.
    >
    > Appreciating any help on this matter,
    >
    > Adolfo