Samba problem ..... - Questions

This is a discussion on Samba problem ..... - Questions ; hi all, i have installed the samba in my PC. when I use Win ME's network neightbourhood to browe the PC, I can find the Samba server PC. However, when I click to it, it said the windows cannot find ...

  1. Samba problem .....

    hi all,

    i have installed the samba in my PC. when I use Win ME's network
    neightbourhood to browe the PC, I can find the Samba server PC. However,
    when I click to it, it said the windows cannot find PC or shared folder, pls
    confirm the PC name...

    could need one pls help me.
    thanks.

  2. Re: Samba problem .....

    Could you post your config file?

    Ritesh

    --
    Ritesh Kumar Graduate Student cs.unc.edu
    "The Difference between Insanity and Genius is nothing but of Success"

  3. Re: Samba problem .....

    flexchan wrote:
    > hi all,
    >
    > i have installed the samba in my PC. when I use Win ME's network
    > neightbourhood to browe the PC, I can find the Samba server PC. However,
    > when I click to it, it said the windows cannot find PC or shared folder, pls
    > confirm the PC name...
    >
    > could need one pls help me.
    > thanks.

    it's likely you don't have file sharing set up correctly. have a look at
    the samba web site first -- http://www.samba.org

+ Reply to Thread