rh9: redhat-network-config error message - Questions

This is a discussion on rh9: redhat-network-config error message - Questions ; All, After compiling an updated kernel (2.4.22) with the options I had working before, I rebooted and found I couldn't use PPP. The error when activating ppp0: error 4. Nothing in the help docs to tell me what that means. ...

  1. rh9: redhat-network-config error message

    All,

    After compiling an updated kernel (2.4.22) with the options I had working
    before, I rebooted and found I couldn't use PPP. The error when
    activating ppp0: error 4. Nothing in the help docs to tell me what that
    means. Can anyone here tell me what error 4 is, or better, point me in
    the right direction?

    Thanks in advance,

    Happy

  2. Re: rh9: redhat-network-config error message

    On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:32:26 -0700, happy wrote:
    > All,
    >
    > After compiling an updated kernel (2.4.22) with the options I had working
    > before, I rebooted and found I couldn't use PPP. The error when
    > activating ppp0: error 4. Nothing in the help docs to tell me what that
    > means. Can anyone here tell me what error 4 is, or better, point me in
    > the right direction?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Happy

    You probably don't have ppp compiled in or loaded as a module correctly

    Have you looked in /var/log/messages to see what the kernel reported
    when you to start PPP?

+ Reply to Thread