Version of Linux which can host Windows as a guest/virtual OS (a la VMware)? - Questions

This is a discussion on Version of Linux which can host Windows as a guest/virtual OS (a la VMware)? - Questions ; I thought there was some Linux distribution which could host other OSes as a guest or virtual OS, much like VMware does but without the $300 price tag. My googling has turned nothing up so far. Is VMware really the ...

  1. Version of Linux which can host Windows as a guest/virtual OS (a la VMware)?

    I thought there was some Linux distribution which could host other
    OSes as a guest or virtual OS, much like VMware does but without
    the $300 price tag. My googling has turned nothing up so far.
    Is VMware really the only game in town?

    Thanks,

    Skip Montanaro

  2. Re: Version of Linux which can host Windows as a guest/virtual OS (a la VMware)?

    On 12 Sep 2003 14:22:48 -0700, Skip Montanaro wrote:
    > I thought there was some Linux distribution which could host other
    > OSes as a guest or virtual OS, much like VMware does but without
    > the $300 price tag. My googling has turned nothing up so far.
    > Is VMware really the only game in town?

    Thankfully, it's not. Try Win4Lin. Less than 1/3 the price, runs Win9x
    at native or better (yes, better) speeds, and far more stable than
    "normal" Windoze. I've used it for hours a day for 2 years with no
    problems and only a crash or 2. Click-click easy install. Just
    terrific software from a terrific company. They have the best customer
    support you will ever deal with, but problems are few.

    Will do most stuff native Windoze will (but better), however, like
    VMware it does have certain limitations, so go to their website and
    check it out to be sure it will do what you want before you buy.

    --
    Registered Linux user #266531

+ Reply to Thread