i'm looking for a newsgroup for regular expression questions... if all else
fails, i'll probably post in a perl newsgroup next if i can't find one...

basically, i'm wanting to know if there is a list of regex's, strings, and
match lists, for a regex implementation to check itself against, to test for
posix compliance (bre's and ere's)... i've been reading over the regex
papers a million times... and i'm trying to write a posix compliant regex
library in only x386+ assembly code (no /C(++)?|BASIC|PERL|JAVA/ ) well..
ya'll get the point...

i'm just looking for something that'll test my implementation... not exactly
a program to "use" my library... i'm not ready for that yet... i'm just
looking for a set of patterns and strings, and something saying what the
match is supposed to be (as well as all matches for \1 through \9 also)...

if anyone knows where i could find this, or knows a better place to ask...
please reply to this newsgroup (email not valid)

thanx in advance...

Bx.C / Shiragaseinen