tftp: error code 2, access violation - Questions

This is a discussion on tftp: error code 2, access violation - Questions ; Hi, When I try to transfer a file from one host to another, I get the following error: "error code 2, access violation" Why? What does this mean? Regards, Marjan...

  1. tftp: error code 2, access violation

    Hi,

    When I try to transfer a file from one host to another, I get the following
    error:

    "error code 2, access violation"

    Why? What does this mean?

    Regards,
    Marjan

  2. Re: tftp: error code 2, access violation

    "Marjan Bozinovski" writes:

    > When I try to transfer a file from one host to another, I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > "error code 2, access violation"
    >
    > Why? What does this mean?

    The tftp man page says:

    Because there is no user-login or validation within the TFTP
    protocol, the remote site will probably have some sort of
    file-access restrictions in place. The exact methods are
    specific to each site and therefore dif ficult to document here.

    So apparently the site you're trying to get the file from has some
    kind of access restrictions in place. Take a look at the tftpd man
    page on the remote host. The linux tftpd manual says, in part, "Due to
    the lack of authentication information, tftpd will allow only publicly
    readable files to be accessed. Files may be written only if they
    already exist and are publicly writable."

    Joe

+ Reply to Thread