changing font size in xterm - Questions

This is a discussion on changing font size in xterm - Questions ; hi, I want to know how to change font size in xterm. gnome-terminal has someting like ctrl++.is there something similar for xterm??? Thank You Manu...

  1. changing font size in xterm

    hi,
    I want to know how to change font size in xterm.
    gnome-terminal has someting like ctrl++.is there something similar for xterm???

    Thank You
    Manu

  2. Re: changing font size in xterm

    On 8 Sep 2003 04:45:39 -0700, Manu J wrote:
    > hi,
    > I want to know how to change font size in xterm.
    > gnome-terminal has someting like ctrl++.is there something similar for xterm???

    Usually xterm comes with a menu

    Ctl-right-mouse-click-drag-2-selection

    Of course you can try xterm -fn 10x20
    and/or set default font in ~/.Xresources if you want to create one with

    XTerm*font: 10x20

    Do a
    locate -i xresources
    to get a copy to hack up.

    list of founts found by doing
    xlsfonts

  3. Re: changing font size in xterm

    hi,
    Thanks a lot

    > Ctl-right-mouse-click-drag-2-selection

    I actually knew this, but i had forgotten it ;-)
    I wanted this so that i can read mail in pine without straining my eyes.

    > Of course you can try xterm -fn 10x20
    > and/or set default font in ~/.Xresources if you want to create one with
    >
    > XTerm*font: 10x20
    >
    > Do a
    > locate -i xresources
    > to get a copy to hack up.
    >
    > list of founts found by doing
    > xlsfonts

    i will tinker with these now.xlsfonts output shocked me.
    I never knew there were so many fonts installed in my system.

    --Manu

  4. Re: changing font size in xterm

    Manu J wrote:
    > hi,
    > I want to know how to change font size in xterm.
    > gnome-terminal has someting like ctrl++.is there something similar for xterm???

    control shift keypad + or -

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://dickey.his.com