Tri Boot xp, Mandrake and xp - Questions

This is a discussion on Tri Boot xp, Mandrake and xp - Questions ; I install xp in a fat32 partition then I use PMagic to Prtition my hard drive in to two other linux partitions. I install Mandrake in one and Redhad in the second. I was able to see both Mandrake and ...

  1. Tri Boot xp, Mandrake and xp

    I install xp in a fat32 partition then I use PMagic to Prtition my hard
    drive in to two other linux partitions. I install Mandrake in one and Redhad
    in the second. I was able to see both Mandrake and Windows in the boot menu
    and
    I was also able to boot and login to both but for some reasons I can not see
    or access Red hat. Can
    someone tell me what do I need to do so that I can access the Red Hat I
    already installed. Do I need to edit the LILO . If so how. Can someone
    please help. I already spend a lot of time re-installing without any luck.

    Thanks a lot in advance

  2. Re: Tri Boot xp, Mandrake and xp

    On Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:43:24 -0400, Patriot wrote:
    > I install xp in a fat32 partition then I use PMagic to Prtition my hard
    > drive in to two other linux partitions. I install Mandrake in one and Redhad
    > in the second. I was able to see both Mandrake and Windows in the boot menu
    > and
    > I was also able to boot and login to both but for some reasons I can not see
    > or access Red hat. Can
    > someone tell me what do I need to do so that I can access the Red Hat I
    > already installed. Do I need to edit the LILO .

    If it is not in the menu selection, Yes.

    If so how. Can someone
    > please help. I already spend a lot of time re-installing without any luck.

    0 Create a mount point for rh
    1 mount it
    2 find image names
    3 modify /etc/lilo.conf
    4 install lilo change
    5 umount rh

    aught to do it.

    snippet from my /etc/lilo.conf for rh 8.0

    image=/rh80/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-14
    label=Redhat
    initrd=/rh80/boot/initrd-2.4.18-14.img
    read-only
    append="root=LABEL=/"

    0 mkdir /rhXX you solve for XX
    1 mount -t auto /dev/hdXn /rhXX you solve for Xn and XX

    2 ls /rhXX/boot/*initrd*
    ls /rhXX/boot/*vmlinuz*

    3 you modify /etc/lilo.conf per above example
    4 lilo -v to install change if no errors
    5 umount /rhXX

+ Reply to Thread