All:

We have a Linux app server that people log in to using *dm for running
applications. I have Ximian Desktop installed on it, but I expect this is
a general Gnome issue:

How do I get Gnome to stop whining about the fact that there is no sound
hardware installed on this server? I want to turn the sound subsystem
completely off, as there is no sound hardware and this system is back in
the computer room where nobody'd be able to hear it anyway...

Unfortunately everything on the desktop seems to have dependencies on the
sound subsystems so I can't just remove those packages.

Thanks to anyone who can point me at how to configure this!

--
John Hardin KA7OHZ
Internal Systems Administrator voice: (425) 672-1304