me mine scribbled:

> I am currently seeking a distro that I can install on pc's for newbies to
> use.

Try Damn Small Linux (DSL) a recently released distribution which may suit
the needs of the users whom you are trying to cater.

> Here are some assumptions to help with getting ideas from people.
>
> Firstly, it must be easy to install. so that anyone familiar with windows
> installation can do this.

You mean there are still people who are familiar with the installation of
Microsoft Windows operating systems? Installing GNU/Linux these days is
much easier than installing any version of Microsoft Windows.

--
Free Software Foundation (FSF) Associate Member 499
Linux Counter Statistics: UserID 277671