checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb41)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-41)... no

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.1)... yes

checking for Berkeley DB thread support... no

checking Berkeley DB version for BDB backend... no

configure: error: BDB: BerkeleyDB version incompatible

I get the above errors when I try to ./configure openldap to work with
Berkely DB.

I have used other commands to set the environment correctly:

env CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include \

LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib \

../configure --enable-ldbm --prefix=/usr/local/openldap-2.1.22 \

--enable-monitor

Also I did a search on db.h/ndb.h and (libdb*.{a,so}), and I found many
versions of the same file such as 4.0, 4.1, etc as well as different date
stamps for files call db.h in various directories. Now how do I get all
those files to work coherently with Openldap and Berkeley DB 4.1? Thank you.

Yossarian