Kermit on Windows using SRP and srpfilter.dll - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit on Windows using SRP and srpfilter.dll - Protocols ; I am in a situation where i need to have an FTP server, on Windows, that accepts Stanford's SRP requests. Kermit appears to be the only software that will do this. I am trying to install the free demo K95 ...

  1. Kermit on Windows using SRP and srpfilter.dll

    I am in a situation where i need to have an FTP server, on Windows,
    that accepts Stanford's SRP requests. Kermit appears to be the only
    software that will do this. I am trying to install the free demo
    K95 2.1.3 for Windows.

    As i configure Kermit, the documentation states that i need to copy a
    srpfilter.dll file to the c:\Windows directory. I cannot find that
    file anywhere. Am i missing something in this, or can someone tell me
    where that file is.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thank you
    Rolf Trainor

  2. Re: Kermit on Windows using SRP and srpfilter.dll

    On 2007-09-26, RolfTrainor wrote:
    : I am in a situation where i need to have an FTP server, on Windows,
    : that accepts Stanford's SRP requests. Kermit appears to be the only
    : software that will do this. I am trying to install the free demo
    : K95 2.1.3 for Windows.
    :
    Kermit 95 is not an FTP server. It does, however, include an FTP client
    that supports various security including SRP.

    : As i configure Kermit, the documentation states that i need to copy a
    : srpfilter.dll file to the c:\Windows directory. I cannot find that
    : file anywhere. Am i missing something in this, or can someone tell me
    : where that file is.
    :
    Which documentation? I don't find the string "srpfilter" anywhere in the
    Kermit 95 manual or on the website. If DLLs need to be installed,
    the Installer would do it automatically, according to the options you
    elected. In any case, on my own Windows XP system, which has a fully
    configured version of Kermit 95 installed, there is no srpfilter.dll
    anywhere on the hard disk.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Kermit on Windows using SRP and srpfilter.dll

    On Sep 26, 1:53 pm, RolfTrainor wrote:
    > I am in a situation where i need to have an FTP server, on Windows,
    > that accepts Stanford's SRP requests. Kermit appears to be the only
    > software that will do this. I am trying to install the free demo
    > K95 2.1.3 for Windows.
    >
    > As i configure Kermit, the documentation states that i need to copy a
    > srpfilter.dll file to the c:\Windows directory. I cannot find that
    > file anywhere. Am i missing something in this, or can someone tell me
    > where that file is.

    The wiksdadm.htm file states the file name is SRPFILTR.DLL. I don't
    remember where it would be installed but you would have to select the
    optional SRP modules during the installation process.

    SRPFILTR.DLL is a Windows Password Change hook that would permit
    automatic synchronization of the local Windows account password and
    the SRP Password Hash file.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

+ Reply to Thread