Determining State of "set case" - Protocols

This is a discussion on Determining State of "set case" - Protocols ; Is there a way to determine the state of "set case" ? I want to be able to store and reset this value after calling functions that may change it for the purpose of their string matching. If this is ...

  1. Determining State of "set case"

    Is there a way to determine the state of "set case" ?

    I want to be able to store and reset this value after calling functions that
    may change it for
    the purpose of their string matching.

    If this is not possible, I guess a workaround would be to compare \fupper()
    or \flower() for case insensitive searches.

  2. Re: Determining State of "set case"

    In article <13f05dg3q021hc9@corp.supernews.com>,
    NoSpam wrote:
    >Is there a way to determine the state of "set case" ?
    >
    >I want to be able to store and reset this value after calling functions that
    >may change it for
    >the purpose of their string matching.

    you dont _need_ to.

    "Set case" is automatially restored to its "old" value -- whatever that
    was -- when a macro or command file is _exited_.

    Change it within a macro, and -- at maro exit -- it reverts to what it was
    when that macro was entered.

    Change it within a command file, and at file exit,it reverts to what itwas
    when the file was entered.

    >If this is not possible, I guess a workaround would be to compare \fupper()
    >or \flower() for case insensitive searches.

+ Reply to Thread