Kermit ftp blocked - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit ftp blocked - Protocols ; I'm running on AIX 5 and if I use unix ftp commands I can connect to my ftp site and download files. But if I use kermit ftp commands it hangs trying to download the file (or even doing a ...

  1. Kermit ftp blocked

    I'm running on AIX 5 and if I use unix ftp commands I can connect to
    my ftp site and download files. But if I use kermit ftp commands it
    hangs trying to download the file (or even doing a dir command).
    Eventually it says the connection timed out and goes back to the
    kermit prompt.

    I think the problem is their firewall is blocking it since I don't
    have the same problem at other client sites. Does anyone know what
    port (besides 21) needs to be allowed?

    TIA
    Shawn

  2. Re: Kermit ftp blocked

    FYI - The client figured out the problem - apparently it was in active
    ftp mode so they had to enable IP masquerading and then I could
    download files.

    On Jul 31, 1:21 pm, homey...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I'm running on AIX 5 and if I use unix ftp commands I can connect to
    > my ftp site and download files. But if I use kermit ftp commands it
    > hangs trying to download the file (or even doing a dir command).
    > Eventually it says the connection timed out and goes back to the
    > kermit prompt.
    >
    > I think the problem is their firewall is blocking it since I don't
    > have the same problem at other client sites. Does anyone know what
    > port (besides 21) needs to be allowed?
    >
    > TIA
    > Shawn

+ Reply to Thread