Kermit source code and Cygwin - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit source code and Cygwin - Protocols ; Hello! I've decided to see if both the current version of C-Kermit, and the one for G-Kermit can be built using the latest CYGWIN stuff. So I was able to download the current version of C-Kermit via the website. Next ...

  1. Kermit source code and Cygwin

    Hello!
    I've decided to see if both the current version of C-Kermit, and the
    one for G-Kermit can be built using the latest CYGWIN stuff.

    So I was able to download the current version of C-Kermit via the
    website. Next will be building it, more on that later.

    However the one for G-Kermit appears to be wearing the 660 attribute
    which normally means its not world readable. And indeed on the ftp
    service I could see it but not download it.

    Question! Why is that?
    ---
    Gregg gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com

  2. Re: Kermit source code and Cygwin

    On Mar 28, 9:44 am, "gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com"
    wrote:

    > However the one for G-Kermit appears to be wearing the 660 attribute
    > which normally means its not world readable. And indeed on the ftp
    > service I could see it but not download it.

    Which one is that? I just connected to ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives
    (using a Kermit client of course) and listed the directory. There are
    a few files that aren't world readable, but all the gku100.tar* files
    are 664.

    I see two gkermit.tar.gz* in the ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/g
    directory that are 660, but they aren't part of the 'individual source
    files'. See ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/g/.readme .

    In short, It looks to me that all the files linked from www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html#down> with the sole exception of
    the gku100.ia64-hpux-11.23 binary are world readable.

    --
    (for email use this address please - you can figure it out)

    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net Any clod can have the facts;
    San Francisco Bay Area, California having opinions is an art. -
    C. McCabe, The Fearless
    Spectator

  3. Re: Kermit source code and Cygwin

    On 2007-03-31, Mark Sapiro wrote:
    : On Mar 28, 9:44 am, "gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com"
    :>
    :
    : Which one is that? I just connected to
    : ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/archives (using a Kermit client of course)
    : and listed the directory. There are a few files that aren't world readable,
    : but all the gku100.tar* files are 664.
    :
    : I see two gkermit.tar.gz* in the ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/g
    : directory that are 660, but they aren't part of the 'individual source
    : files'. See ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/g/.readme .
    :
    : In short, It looks to me that all the files linked from : www.columbia.edu/kermit/gkermit.html#down> with the sole exception of
    : the gku100.ia64-hpux-11.23 binary are world readable.
    :
    I fixed these just now.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread