    I"ve been unable to write a script (so far) to do secure ftp with ssh. I'm successfully using psftp to do the transfers, but I really miss the scripting in Kermit95. Can anyone provide an example script or excerpt that could help get me pointed in the right direction?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Secure FTP via SSH with Kermit95?

    On 2007-02-05, Kent_Bookworm wrote:
    : I"ve been unable to write a script (so far) to do secure ftp with ssh. I'm
    : successfully using psftp to do the transfers, but I really miss the
    : scripting in Kermit95. Can anyone provide an example script or excerpt that
    : could help get me pointed in the right direction?
    :
    FTP and SSH are two unrelated concepts. Internet FTP supports various
    security methods including Kerberos and SSL, and Kermit's FTP client supports
    them too. SFTP and SCP are SSH-based file transfer schemes that have nothing
    to do with FTP, and are not presently supported by Kermit. For further
    information see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/faq.html#wrong
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ftpfaq.html#security

    Of course you can also use Kermit protocol itself over SSH connections,
    either in terminal sessions or through a dedicated server:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/skermit.html

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread