Please respond if you see this posting.

I've been using C-Kermit to query my ISP's news server. My local
timezone is 10 hours and 30 minutes ahead of UTC.

Once connected, I hit enter once, then issue the command

then enter, then

then enter, to return back to the C-Kermit prompt:

C-Kermit 8.0.212 Dev.26, 20 Dec 2006, for Linux
Copyright (C) 1985, 2006,
Trustees of Columbia University in the City of New York.
Type ? or HELP for help.
(/home/amarsh04/) C-Kermit>set telnet wait off
(/home/amarsh04/) C-Kermit>date -10:30
20070128 12:33:13
(/home/amarsh04/) C-Kermit>telnet nntp
DNS Lookup... Trying Reverse DNS Lookup... (OK)
Connecting to host
Escape character: Ctrl-\ (ASCII 28, FS): enabled
Type the escape character followed by C to get back,
or followed by ? to see other options.
200 Welcome to BigPond Broadband - (Typhoon

500 Syntax Error or Unknown Command
111 20070128130858
205 GoodBye

Communications disconnect (Back at localhost)
(/home/amarsh04/) C-Kermit>date -10:30
20070128 12:33:33
(/home/amarsh04/) C-Kermit>q

[end quote]

This illustrates that the news server's clock is running about 35
minutes fast.