New version of K95 - Protocols

This is a discussion on New version of K95 - Protocols ; Back in April 2006 Jeff Altman mentioned the issue with later versions of ssh servers and compression. I thought I'd seen another reference, but Google search produced nothing. Just to add to the bank of knowledge we are in the ...

  1. New version of K95

    Back in April 2006 Jeff Altman mentioned the issue with later versions
    of ssh servers and
    compression. I thought I'd seen another reference, but Google search
    produced nothing.
    Just to add to the bank of knowledge we are in the process of migrating
    our server package from SuSE 8.1 to SuSE 10.2.
    SSH connections with old kermit scripts to the 10.2 server yield
    following:
    no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com
    login failed
    ?Unable to connect to 192.168.1.7

    Adding the following line results in usable connection:
    set ssh compression off

    I hope this is useful to others and perhaps will help with reasons for
    a next version of K95

    Regards...Dan.

  2. Re: New version of K95

    On 20 Dec 2006 18:52:22 -0800
    "jdanskinner" wrote:

    > Adding the following line results in usable connection:
    > set ssh compression off
    >
    > I hope this is useful to others and perhaps will help with reasons for
    > a next version of K95

    If you control the sshd_config, you can also fix the problem by
    changing the Compression parameter back to the default "yes" it
    formerly had before the openssh folks added "delayed" as the new
    default.

  3. Re: New version of K95

    Tom Horsley wrote:
    > On 20 Dec 2006 18:52:22 -0800
    > "jdanskinner" wrote:
    >
    > > Adding the following line results in usable connection:
    > > set ssh compression off
    > >
    > > I hope this is useful to others and perhaps will help with reasons for
    > > a next version of K95

    > If you control the sshd_config, you can also fix the problem by
    > changing the Compression parameter back to the default "yes" it
    > formerly had before the openssh folks added "delayed" as the new
    > default.

    Tom;
    We do, and you are right.
    Thanks.