Next release of Kermit 95 - Protocols

This is a discussion on Next release of Kermit 95 - Protocols ; As most of you know, I've been working ever since 2003 to try to convince Columbia University management to authorize spending some money to produce a new release of Kermit 95 for Windows. With Windows Vista on the horizon and ...

  1. Next release of Kermit 95

    As most of you know, I've been working ever since 2003 to try to convince
    Columbia University management to authorize spending some money to produce
    a new release of Kermit 95 for Windows. With Windows Vista on the horizon
    and galloping towards us, the matter takes on a new urgency. As far as I
    can tell:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95faq.html#vista

    K95 2.1.3 works OK on Vista: but there are some bumps, and I did not have
    the opportunity to test every little thing. In any case, it's not just
    Vista. I've written a little sketch of some of the issues and of what
    Kermit 95 3.0 might look like here:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95next.html

    and I put up a survey to collect some info from K95 users here:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95survey.html

    I'd appreciate it if all K95 users would take the time to fill it out.
    It's anonymous and all answers are optional. The new management here
    needs some convincing, and in the end the marketplace speaks loudest.

    Thanks.

    - Frank

  2. Re: Next release of Kermit 95

    Jeffrey Altman wrote:

    > I encourage you to assist Frank da Cruz make his case to management. I
    > believe the best way to do so is to publicly state what you are willing
    > to pay to see a future release of Kermit 95 from Columbia University.

    OK, I'll jump in. I license K-95 for two machines (two licenses). I am
    willing to pay up to $100. to upgrade (that's $50. ea, $100. total),
    particularly if there might be a third edition of _Using C-Kermit_ in
    the works. I'd buy the book in any case if it were available.

    --
    (for email use this address please - you can figure it out)

    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net Any clod can have the facts;
    San Francisco Bay Area, California having opinions is an art. -
    C. McCabe, The Fearless Spectator

+ Reply to Thread