    I am using Kermit 95 v2.1.3.

    Any insight would be appreciated.

  2. Re: Basic question: how to disable linemode when using Kermit for Telnet?

    On 2006-09-11, User wrote:
    : This is a simple question that I couldn't find the answer to in Kermit's
    : help or looking through google.
    : How do disable linemode when using telnet in Kermit (i.e. enable
    : character-by-character mode)?
    :
    : I am using Kermit 95 v2.1.3.
    :
    It's not using linemode. It is doing character-by-character. Why do you
    think it's linemode? Are you accessing an IBM mainframe? If you are
    seeing linemode behavior, probably it's the server, not Kermit, that's
    doing it.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Basic question: how to disable linemode when using Kermit for Telnet?

    "Frank Da Cruz" wrote in message
    > On 2006-09-11, User wrote:
    > : This is a simple question that I couldn't find the answer to in

    Kermit's
    > : help or looking through google.
    > : How do disable linemode when using telnet in Kermit (i.e. enable
    > : character-by-character mode)?
    > :
    > : I am using Kermit 95 v2.1.3.
    > :
    > It's not using linemode. It is doing character-by-character. Why do

    you
    > think it's linemode? Are you accessing an IBM mainframe? If you are
    > seeing linemode behavior, probably it's the server, not Kermit, that's
    > doing it.
    >
    > - Frank

    My error. I decoded one of telnet's commands incorrectly in the trace.

    I generated a script file which enabled me to disable some of the telnet
    options which was causing login problems.

    My only other question is:
    Is there a way to have the dialer use the modifed script file (since
    there
    are no GUI for disabling these options) or is the script only one way
    (i.e. dialer generates script file which one must use from then on)?

  4. Re: Basic question: how to disable linemode when using Kermit for Telnet?

    :
    :> On 2006-09-11, User wrote:
    :> : This is a simple question that I couldn't find the answer to in Kermit's
    :> : help or looking through google.
    :> : How do disable linemode when using telnet in Kermit (i.e. enable
    :> : character-by-character mode)?
    :> :
    :> : I am using Kermit 95 v2.1.3.
    :> :
    :> It's not using linemode. It is doing character-by-character. Why do you
    :> think it's linemode? Are you accessing an IBM mainframe? If you are
    :> seeing linemode behavior, probably it's the server, not Kermit, that's
    :> doing it.
    :
    : My error. I decoded one of telnet's commands incorrectly in the trace.
    :
    You can get a pre-decoded trace by using Kermit's SET TELNET DEBUG ON.

    : I generated a script file which enabled me to disable some of the telnet
    : options which was causing login problems.
    :
    : My only other question is: Is there a way to have the dialer use the modifed
    : script file (since there are no GUI for disabling these options) or is the
    : script only one way (i.e. dialer generates script file which one must use
    : from then on)?
    :
    Right click on the Dialer entry, choose Edit, then choose the Keyboard dialog.
    In the text box, put any commands you want. These will be executed after
    the other commands in the Dialer script. That way you can undo unwanted
    settings, add new ones, whatever you want.

    Another method would be to save the Dialer script to a file (using the
    Short toolbar button), then edit the file, and then instead of using the
    Dialer to launch the connection, just double-click on the script, or any
    shortcut to it.

    Since the Dialer is just a script writer, you can bypass it altogether, and
    write your own script containing exactly the commands you want. Call it
    xxx.ksc, where xxx is any name of your choice, but the filetype has to be
    ".ksc", which is associated with K95. Double click on the script or any
    shortcut to it to launch the connection (or do anything else the script
    might do.)

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread