Writing a clipboard to file? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Writing a clipboard to file? - Protocols ; Using K95 2.1.3. I was wondering if it was possible to write the clipboard contents (copying info), directly into a file. Basically what I'm trying to do, is copy info from certain files which K95 can't directly read properly, then ...

  1. Writing a clipboard to file?

    Using K95 2.1.3.
    I was wondering if it was possible to write the clipboard contents (copying
    info), directly into a file.

    Basically what I'm trying to do, is copy info from certain files which K95
    can't directly read properly, then have it write to a .txt file and
    immidately process that.
    *The info being copied is just raw text.

    - Scott

  2. Re: Writing a clipboard to file?

    On 2006-08-25, SCOTT CAISSIE wrote:
    : Using K95 2.1.3.
    : I was wondering if it was possible to write the clipboard contents (copying
    : info), directly into a file.
    :
    K95 doesn't have a \v(clipboard) variable that you can refer to
    programmatically, but there is a keyboard verb, \Kpaste, that pastes from
    the clipoard. By default, this is assigned to Shift-Insert:

    . If K95 is in its terminal screen, then \Kpaste sends the clipboard
    contents to the host (if the clipboard contains text).

    . If K95 is in its command screen, \Kpaste inserts the text from the
    clipboard where the cursor is.

    Of course, if you have Notepad or other text editor open, you can also paste
    into it. But these are all manual operations. Offhand, I can't think of a
    way to write the clipboard contents directly into a file. Perhaps in the
    next release we can consider adding a \v(clipboard) variable.

    : Basically what I'm trying to do, is copy info from certain files which K95
    : can't directly read properly, then have it write to a .txt file and
    : immidately process that.
    : *The info being copied is just raw text.
    :
    Maybe there is a way do this after all. The file interface
    (FOPEN/FREAD/FWRITE/FCLOSE) has a lot of options. If can describe the
    problem in more detail maybe I can suggest a way around it.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Writing a clipboard to file?

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > On 2006-08-25, SCOTT CAISSIE wrote:
    > : Using K95 2.1.3.
    > : I was wondering if it was possible to write the clipboard contents (copying
    > : info), directly into a file.
    > :
    > K95 doesn't have a \v(clipboard) variable that you can refer to
    > programmatically, but there is a keyboard verb, \Kpaste, that pastes from
    > the clipoard. By default, this is assigned to Shift-Insert:

    The variable you are looking for is \v(select). Text selected with
    the mouse in K95 is stored in the \v(select) variable. This is
    independent of the Windows clipboard and can be used for writing macros
    that manipulate the selection contents.

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread