macro assignment of cr / lf characters - Protocols

This is a discussion on macro assignment of cr / lf characters - Protocols ; I've looked through the help and am (nearly) sure there's a way to do this, but I haven't been able to figure out how to concatenate a variable with a linefeed or carriage return in it... i.e. assign foo bar ...

  1. macro assignment of cr / lf characters

    I've looked through the help and am (nearly) sure there's a way to do this,
    but I haven't been able
    to figure out how to concatenate a variable with a linefeed or carriage
    return in it...

    i.e.
    assign foo bar
    assign foo bar\0x0D\0x0A

    yield the same results for \flength(\m(foo))

    Should I put the lines I want in an array and write them to a tempfile
    instead of attempting concatenation?

  2. Re: macro assignment of cr / lf characters

    On 2006-07-25, wrote:
    : I've looked through the help and am (nearly) sure there's a way to do this,
    : but I haven't been able to figure out how to concatenate a variable with a
    : linefeed or carriage return in it...
    :
    : i.e.
    : assign foo bar
    : assign foo bar\0x0D\0x0A
    :
    : yield the same results for \flength(\m(foo))
    :
    : Should I put the lines I want in an array and write them to a tempfile
    : instead of attempting concatenation?
    :
    assign foo bar \13\10

    or: