Scrollback - Protocols

This is a discussion on Scrollback - Protocols ; Is there a bug with the 'Clear Command Scrollback' function? I can set the command scrollback but i cannot clear it. When I do try to clear the command scrollback area, the session stops responding and closes, no error no ...

  1. Scrollback

    Is there a bug with the 'Clear Command Scrollback' function? I can set
    the command scrollback but i cannot clear it. When I do try to clear
    the command scrollback area, the session stops responding and closes,
    no error no msg.

    Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix??

    Thank you in advance.
    ~Malone

  2. Re: Scrollback

    malone wrote:
    > Is there a bug with the 'Clear Command Scrollback' function? I can set
    > the command scrollback but i cannot clear it. When I do try to clear
    > the command scrollback area, the session stops responding and closes,
    > no error no msg.

    What Kermit is this? I'm guessing Kermit-95 as C-Kermit doesn't have a
    'Clear Command Scrollback' function.

    It seemes to work for me with Kermit 95 2.1.3 on Windows XP. Can you
    give a specific example?

    --
    (for email use this address please - you can figure it out)

    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net Any clod can have the facts;
    San Francisco Bay Area, California having opinions is an art. -
    C. McCabe, The Fearless Spectator

  3. Re: Scrollback

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    > What Kermit is this? I'm guessing Kermit-95 as C-Kermit doesn't have a
    > 'Clear Command Scrollback' function.

    Malone:
    Yes I am sorry, I am running Kermit 95 2.1.3 on Windows 2000

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    > It seemes to work for me with Kermit 95 2.1.3 on Windows XP. Can you
    > give a specific example?

    Malone:
    The following examples are from a new session:
    example 1
    Changing the scrollback size to 1500 works
    'set command scrollback 1500'
    but when I try to clear it
    'clear command scrollback'
    the session hangs for a few seconds then closes
    example 2
    when I try to clear the command scrollback without changing the
    size
    'clear command scrollback'
    the session hangs for a few seconds then closes
    example 3
    when I change the scrollback size to 300
    'set command scrollback 300'
    the session hangs for a few seconds then closes

    Thank you for your help
    ~Malone

  4. Re: Scrollback

    malone wrote:

    > Malone:
    > Yes I am sorry, I am running Kermit 95 2.1.3 on Windows 2000
    >
    > Mark Sapiro wrote:
    > > It seemes to work for me with Kermit 95 2.1.3 on Windows XP. Can you
    > > give a specific example?

    > Malone:
    > The following examples are from a new session:
    > example 1
    > Changing the scrollback size to 1500 works
    > 'set command scrollback 1500'
    > but when I try to clear it
    > 'clear command scrollback'
    > the session hangs for a few seconds then closes
    > example 2
    > when I try to clear the command scrollback without changing the
    > size
    > 'clear command scrollback'
    > the session hangs for a few seconds then closes
    > example 3
    > when I change the scrollback size to 300
    > 'set command scrollback 300'
    > the session hangs for a few seconds then closes

    I am still unable to duplicate the problem with k95g (GUI) on Windows
    XP.

    With k95 (console) I see what I assume is the same problem, but only
    intermittently. I open a command window and give the command 'k95 -Y'
    and then try one of your examples. I never saw #1 fail, but sometimes I
    saw #2 or #3 give me the windows XP "were sorry, k95 encountered an
    error and has to close. Do you want to send an error report ..."
    dialog. At one point, I thought failure was related to whether or not I
    used completion or backspace correction on command words, but
    this turned out to be coincidence.

    Unfortunately, other than confirming that sometimes I see a problem
    with console k95, I don't think I can be of further help. If you can
    get a debug log, you can try sending that to
    kermit-support@columbia.edu with a description of the problem.

    --
    (for email use this address please - you can figure it out)

    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net Any clod can have the facts;
    San Francisco Bay Area, California having opinions is an art. -
    C. McCabe, The Fearless Spectator

  5. Re: Scrollback

    > I am still unable to duplicate the problem with k95g (GUI) on Windows
    > XP.
    >
    > With k95 (console) I see what I assume is the same problem, but only
    > intermittently. I open a command window and give the command 'k95 -Y'
    > and then try one of your examples. I never saw #1 fail, but sometimes I
    > saw #2 or #3 give me the windows XP "were sorry, k95 encountered an
    > error and has to close. Do you want to send an error report ..."
    > dialog. At one point, I thought failure was related to whether or not I
    > used completion or backspace correction on command words, but
    > this turned out to be coincidence.
    >
    > Unfortunately, other than confirming that sometimes I see a problem
    > with console k95, I don't think I can be of further help. If you can
    > get a debug log, you can try sending that to
    > kermit-support@columbia.edu with a description of the problem.

    This is a confirmed bug in the console version of K95 2.1.3.
    I have fixed it in my sources. If Columbia University ever chooses
    to release a new version the fix will be included. In the meantime,
    all I can suggest is "if it hurts, don't do that."

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

+ Reply to Thread