    Thanks for help.

    Robert

  2. Re: File transferring using xmedom

    On 2006-06-22, robert.oo.watson@gmail.com wrote:
    : I have a device which can receive file upload using the XMODEM or
    : XMODEM-1K protocol. I am wondering how to achieve this using kermit,
    : or maybe there are other programs suitable for the job. The platform I
    : am using is Mandrake Linux.
    :
    Kermit supports external protocols, type "help set protocol" and the
    C-Kermit> prompt for details.

    - Frank

  3. Re: File transferring using xmedom

    On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:22:04 -0700, robert.oo.watson wrote:

    > I have a device which can receive file upload using the XMODEM or
    > XMODEM-1K protocol. I am wondering how to achieve this using kermit,
    > or maybe there are other programs suitable for the job. The platform I
    > am using is Mandrake Linux.

    Hi Robert. I have not done this personally, however, one should be able to
    use the programs from the 'lrzsz' package with c-kermit. Here is the
    information about 'lrzsz' on my Mandriva 2006.0:

    # urpmq -i lrzsz
    Name : lrzsz
    Version : 0.12.21
    Release : 6mdk
    Group : Communications
    Size : 151724 Architecture: i586
    Source RPM : lrzsz-0.12.21-6mdk.src.rpm Build Host: n1.mandrakesoft.com
    Packager : Nicolas L├ęcureuil
    Description :
    Lrzsz (consisting of lrz and lsz) is a cosmetically modified
    zmodem/ymodem/xmodem package built from the public-domain version of the
    rzsz package. Lrzsz was created to provide a working GNU copylefted
    Zmodem solution for Linux systems.

    You should install lrzsz if you're also installing a Zmodem communications
    program that uses lrzsz. If you're installing minicom, you need to install
    lrzsz.

    The package includes xmodem capability as you can see. Here is the note
    about xmodem from the man pages:

    'man rz'
    [...]
    Rx receives a single file with XMODEM or XMODEM-1k protocol. The user
    should determine when the 1024 byte block length actually improves
    throughput without causing problems. The user must supply the file
    name to both sending and receiving programs. Up to 1023 garbage char-
    acters may be added to the received file.
    [...]

    'man sz'
    [...]
    Sx sends a single file with XMODEM or XMODEM-1k protocol (sometimes
    incorrectly called "ymodem"). The user must supply the file name to
    both sending and receiving programs.
    [...]

    You do not say what release of Mandr* you are running so I cannot give you
    more information than I have based on the Mandriva 2006.0 release that I
    am running. If your release does not have 'lrzsz' included then upgrade.

    HTH,
    Gene (e-mail: gene \a\t eracc \d\o\t com)
    10:12:28 up 3 days, 19:32, 8 users, load average: 0.10, 0.53, 0.43
    ERA Computers & Consulting - http://www.eracc.com/ <- get VOIP here!
    eComStation, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenServer & UnixWare resellers

  4. Re: File transferring using xmedom

    ERACC wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 02:22:04 -0700, robert.oo.watson wrote:
    >
    > > I have a device which can receive file upload using the XMODEM or
    > > XMODEM-1K protocol. I am wondering how to achieve this using kermit,
    > > or maybe there are other programs suitable for the job. The platform I
    > > am using is Mandrake Linux.

    > Hi Robert. I have not done this personally, however, one should be able to
    > use the programs from the 'lrzsz' package with c-kermit. Here is the
    > information about 'lrzsz' on my Mandriva 2006.0:

    [snip]

    Hi,

    Thanks for your help. I have figured out how to do this.

    - Install lrzsz package (I am using mandrake 10.0).
    - Set the kermit as the following:
    C-Kermit>set parity none
    C-Kermit>set carrier-watch off
    C-Kermit>set prefixing all
    C-Kermit>set reliable off
    C-Kermit>set clearchannel off
    C-Kermit>set protocol xmodem {} {} {sx -k %s} {sx -k %s} {rx %s} {rx
    %s}
    - Send the file with:
    C-Kermit>send /binary filename

    Best regards,