Would anyone remember the ftp address for USU? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Would anyone remember the ftp address for USU? - Protocols ; Hello! I am in the process of getting involved in some darned strange research here. It seems I need to practically recreate the contents of my laptop drive on a virtual drive used by my XP box's VPC client. So ...

  1. Would anyone remember the ftp address for USU?

    Hello!
    I am in the process of getting involved in some darned strange research here. It
    seems I need to practically recreate the contents of my laptop drive on a virtual
    drive used by my XP box's VPC client. So far I've dug out of my personal archives
    the packet driver collection, and of course Kermit. And online elsewhere I found a
    collection of items that resemble those that I need, except for a group of items that I
    remembered living at USU, (Utah State U at Logan).

    I discovered that our friend Joe Doupnik is as it happens still there and teaching, but
    it didn't tell me that what I'm looking for: The FTP address for the collection of
    items that Prof. D, was best known for, Novell stuff at USU.
    --
    Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net
    "This signature will disavow all understanding of the above."

  2. Re: Would anyone remember the ftp address for USU?

    The Eighth Doctor wrote:
    > Hello!
    > I am in the process of getting involved in some darned strange research here. It
    > seems I need to practically recreate the contents of my laptop drive on a virtual
    > drive used by my XP box's VPC client. So far I've dug out of my personal archives
    > the packet driver collection, and of course Kermit. And online elsewhere I found a
    > collection of items that resemble those that I need, except for a group of items that I
    > remembered living at USU, (Utah State U at Logan).
    >
    > I discovered that our friend Joe Doupnik is as it happens still there and teaching, but
    > it didn't tell me that what I'm looking for: The FTP address for the collection of
    > items that Prof. D, was best known for, Novell stuff at USU.

    Are these what you were looking for:

    ftp://netlab1.usu.edu/
    ftp://netlab2.usu.edu/

    (Remembering running MS-Kermit with multiple telnet connections using
    Klos PPP under Novell DOS 7).

    Arthur.

  3. Re: Would anyone remember the ftp address for USU?

    On 2006-05-16, The Eighth Doctor wrote:
    : I am in the process of getting involved in some darned strange research
    : here. It seems I need to practically recreate the contents of my laptop
    : drive on a virtual drive used by my XP box's VPC client. So far I've dug out
    :
    : I discovered that our friend Joe Doupnik is as it happens still there and
    : teaching, but it didn't tell me that what I'm looking for: The FTP address
    : for the collection of items that Prof. D, was best known for, Novell stuff
    : at USU.
    :
    It's netlab1.usu.edu, which supports anonymous access.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread