Console font? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Console font? - Protocols ; Ok, so I'm slow- What's the font used for the Console mode of Kermit? I've finally started using v2 on K95, and can't locate the font I'm used to. 73, doug...

  1. Console font?

    Ok, so I'm slow- What's the font used for the Console mode of Kermit?
    I've finally started using v2 on K95, and can't locate the font I'm
    used to.

    73, doug

  2. Re: Console font?

    "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" wrote in message
    > Ok, so I'm slow- What's the font used for the Console mode of Kermit?
    > I've finally started using v2 on K95, and can't locate the font I'm
    > used to.
    >
    > 73, doug

    The one that's supplied with K95 is Everson Mono Terminal, though for most
    purposes I prefer Courier New; it's a bit larger for a given point size.
    Neither of them has the full set of VT100 special & line drawing characters,
    unfortunately.

    Kelvin Smith

  3. Re: Console font?

    "Kelvin Smith" writes:

    > "Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604" wrote in message
    > > Ok, so I'm slow- What's the font used for the Console mode of Kermit?
    > > I've finally started using v2 on K95, and can't locate the font I'm
    > > used to.
    > >
    > > 73, doug
    > >

    > The one that's supplied with K95 is Everson Mono Terminal, though for most
    > purposes I prefer Courier New; it's a bit larger for a given point size.
    > Neither of them has the full set of VT100 special & line drawing characters,
    > unfortunately.

    Thanks. The Courier New seems to be the most readable, actually.

    73, doug

  4. Re: Console font?

    On 2006-03-26, Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 wrote:
    : Ok, so I'm slow- What's the font used for the Console mode of Kermit?
    : I've finally started using v2 on K95, and can't locate the font I'm
    : used to.
    :
    That's one of the drawbacks of the Console version. Kermit can have no
    access to or knowledge of the font. Whatever goes on in the toolbar or
    Properties dialog is behind its back. That's one of the main reasons we
    made a GUI version.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread