mark/marking mode limitations - Protocols

This is a discussion on mark/marking mode limitations - Protocols ; Is markmode limited to recording information in Connect mode by highlighting? I want a way to record keystrokes for repeated tasks. All keystrokes. Particularly the function keys. I played around with this feature for a while. I never got the ...

  1. mark/marking mode limitations

    Is markmode limited to recording information in Connect mode by
    highlighting?

    I want a way to record keystrokes for repeated tasks. All keystrokes.
    Particularly the function keys. I played around with this feature for a
    while. I never got the results I was looking for. It looks like it can do it
    though.

    - Scott

  2. Re: mark/marking mode limitations

    Scott Caissie wrote:
    > Is markmode limited to recording information in Connect mode by
    > highlighting?

    Markmode is designed to be used for data selection and search within
    the scrollback buffer.

    > I want a way to record keystrokes for repeated tasks. All keystrokes.
    > Particularly the function keys. I played around with this feature for a
    > while. I never got the results I was looking for. It looks like it can do it
    > though.

    The keystroke record functionality implemented in C-Kermit is not
    implemented in Kermit 95 because of thread safety issues that resulted
    in the captured data being incomplete or out of order. Since it could
    not be fixed in time, the feature was pulled. I have not bothered to
    work on it since.

    Jeffrey Altman

+ Reply to Thread