Newbie question - Protocols

This is a discussion on Newbie question - Protocols ; Can anyone help point out what I'm doing wrong in this script? I'd like to make a script that just calls a number and hangs up after a few seconds. #!/usr/local/bin/wermit + set modem hangup-method modem-command set modem type usrobotics ...

  1. Newbie question

    Can anyone help point out what I'm doing wrong in this script? I'd
    like to make a script that just calls a number and hangs up after a few
    seconds.

    #!/usr/local/bin/wermit +
    set modem hangup-method modem-command
    set modem type usrobotics
    set line /dev/ttyS0
    set speed 57600
    set dial method tone
    set dial connect on
    set exit on-disconnect on
    dail 9876543211

    This script typically results with the error message:
    ?Not a command or macro name: "dial"

    I know I probably need some kind of delay but what how do I get around
    this error message? From the kermit command prompt, it works fine.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Newbie question

    :
    : #!/usr/local/bin/wermit +
    : set modem hangup-method modem-command
    : set modem type usrobotics
    : set line /dev/ttyS0
    : set speed 57600
    : set dial method tone
    : set dial connect on
    : set exit on-disconnect on
    : dail 9876543211
    :
    : This script typically results with the error message:
    : ?Not a command or macro name: "dial"
    :
    : I know I probably need some kind of delay but what how do I get around
    : this error message? From the kermit command prompt, it works fine.
    :
    You misspelled "dial".

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread