Can /gui & /popup be used in the GUI? - Protocols

This is a discussion on Can /gui & /popup be used in the GUI? - Protocols ; I'm trying to find out if "ask /gui ....." can be used in the Terminal (GUI). Logically I would think so but I can't get it to work. For the time being, I have definitions setup, with /gui, that are ...

  1. Can /gui & /popup be used in the GUI?

    I'm trying to find out if "ask /gui ....." can be used in the Terminal
    (GUI). Logically I would think so but I can't get it to work.

    For the time being, I have definitions setup, with /gui, that are invoked as
    a \kverb, with a Connect command at the end. Avoids using Alt X to switch
    screens. It does work pretty good actually.
    Process: Press Ctrl B, the prompt comes up, as well as the popup window.
    Info is added. Once complete, it jumps back to the Terminal.

    I'm looking to develop a popup window that works universally like Alt H (The
    Help window).
    Is this possible?

    Basic info: v2.1.3
    Using wy370

  2. Re: Can /gui & /popup be used in the GUI?

    :
    : For the time being, I have definitions setup, with /gui, that are invoked as
    : a \kverb, with a Connect command at the end. Avoids using Alt X to switch
    : screens. It does work pretty good actually.
    : Process: Press Ctrl B, the prompt comes up, as well as the popup window.
    : Info is added. Once complete, it jumps back to the Terminal.
    :
    : I'm looking to develop a popup window that works universally like Alt H (The
    : Help window). Is this possible?
    :
    : Basic info: v2.1.3
    : Using wy370
    :
    It should be possible but (no) thanks to a bug in the current version, I
    don't think you can do it.

    The bug is that the "macros on keys" feature doesn't work; but number 735
    in the New bugs list:

    ftp://kermit.columbia.edu/kermit/k95/newbugs.txt

    This will be fixed in the next release:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/support.html

    I can't give you a date for the next release but as noted on the Support
    page, you can get a preview that contains this fix, for a fee.

    - Frank

  3. Re: Can /gui & /popup be used in the GUI?

    Scott Caissie wrote:
    > I'm trying to find out if "ask /gui ....." can be used in the Terminal
    > (GUI). Logically I would think so but I can't get it to work.

    ASK is a script command and scripts can only be executed from command
    mode. Whenever a script is not executing the CONNECT command the
    command prompt will be displayed.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

+ Reply to Thread