C-Kermit and Long Files - Protocols

This is a discussion on C-Kermit and Long Files - Protocols ; I just uploaded a test version of C-Kermit that incorporates the Single Unix Specification V2 Large File Support (LFS) API, which is used to access, manage, and transfer files bigger than 2MB (i.e. those whose lengths take between 32 to ...

  1. C-Kermit and Long Files

    I just uploaded a test version of C-Kermit that incorporates the
    Single Unix Specification V2 Large File Support (LFS) API, which is used
    to access, manage, and transfer files bigger than 2MB (i.e. those whose
    lengths take between 32 to 63 bits to represent). I've tested it in Linux,
    Solaris, and Mac OS X. This version also uses the 64-bit signed integer
    data type for arithmetic in algebraic expressions and S-Expressions.

    It should be "trivial" to enable LFS support for any other platform that
    supports, such as AIX (which I no longer have access to). For the code
    and instructions, see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckdaily.html

    - Frank

  2. Re: C-Kermit and Long Files

    Frank da Cruz wrote:
    > I just uploaded a test version of C-Kermit that incorporates the
    > Single Unix Specification V2 Large File Support (LFS) API, which is used
    > to access, manage, and transfer files bigger than 2MB (i.e. those whose
    > lengths take between 32 to 63 bits to represent). I've tested it in Linux,
    > Solaris, and Mac OS X. This version also uses the 64-bit signed integer
    > data type for arithmetic in algebraic expressions and S-Expressions.
    >
    > It should be "trivial" to enable LFS support for any other platform that
    > supports, such as AIX (which I no longer have access to). For the code
    > and instructions, see:
    >
    > http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckdaily.html
    >
    > - Frank

+ Reply to Thread