Http post - Protocols

This is a discussion on Http post - Protocols ; Can anyone help me with a working example of using an HTTP POST request in kermit or point me to where some useful documentation is? -- Graham Stewart...

  1. Http post

    --
    Graham Stewart

  2. Re: Http post

    Graham wrote:
    > Can anyone help me with a working example of using an HTTP POST request
    > in kermit or point me to where some useful documentation is?
    >
    > --
    > Graham Stewart

    Graham--

    There is little apparently. But one mention in the 8.0 Update Notes.
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit80.html

    ----snip----

    As another example, let's say that you have a web form you need to
    populate with three fields: red,white and blue.

    You can handle this with the HTTP POST command. The data to be posted is
    stored in the local file data.txt.

    Red=seven stripes&White=six stripes&Blue=fifty stars

    and the response from the server will be stored into response.txt.

    http open www.xyzcorp.com http
    if success {
    http /array:c post data.txt /cgi-bin/form.cgi response.txt
    http close
    }

+ Reply to Thread