  1. VT100 Control Character problems

    I actually have two problems which may or may not have been addressed
    already. i am using kermit95 version 2.1.3

    #1.
    When running an auto script that logs on to a host, emulating vt100, I
    get the control characters ie \27[34m....however, when I logon
    manually, I see the different colors and blinking text. How can i fix
    that where I see the actual text that way it should be viewed without
    the control characters?

    #2.
    When creating the session log emulating the vt100, I have Control
    Characters thougout the log. how can those be removed without removing
    them myself? i included a small example...

    Auto-sensing...
    [6n
    [!
    [0m [1;5;35mWELCOME!

    [0;1;32mWPS Electronic Data Services
    Running The Major BBS by GALACTICOMM
    ONLINE 28800 BAUD AT 15:58 28-OCT-05
    [0m
    [1;32mIf you already have a User-ID on this
    system, type it in and press RETURN.
    Otherwise type "[36mnew[32m":

    This is what it should look like...

    Auto-sensing...
    WELCOME!

    WPS Electronic Data Services
    Running The Major BBS by GALACTICOMM
    ONLINE 9600 BAUD AT 05:45 07-JAN-05

    If you already have a User-ID on this
    system, type it in and press RETURN.
    Otherwise type "new":

  2. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    malone wrote:

    > #1.
    > When running an auto script that logs on to a host, emulating vt100, I
    > get the control characters ie \27[34m....however, when I logon
    > manually, I see the different colors and blinking text. How can i fix
    > that where I see the actual text that way it should be viewed without
    > the control characters?

    I'm not sure I understand the question. Which are you asking for?

    (1) You want the INPUT command to only see user visible text and not
    the actual contents of the stream?

    (2) You want the contents of the stream to be interpretted and displayed
    in the command session while your input script is running.

    If you want to have the terminal window running, perhaps you should use
    CONNECT mode triggers instead of the INPUT command.

    > #2.
    > When creating the session log emulating the vt100, I have Control
    > Characters thougout the log. how can those be removed without removing
    > them myself? i included a small example...
    >
    > Auto-sensing...
    > [6n
    > [!
    > [0m [1;5;35mWELCOME!
    >
    > [0;1;32mWPS Electronic Data Services
    > Running The Major BBS by GALACTICOMM
    > ONLINE 28800 BAUD AT 15:58 28-OCT-05
    > [0m
    > [1;32mIf you already have a User-ID on this
    > system, type it in and press RETURN.
    > Otherwise type "[36mnew[32m":
    >

    > This is what it should look like...
    >
    > Auto-sensing...
    > WELCOME!
    >
    > WPS Electronic Data Services
    > Running The Major BBS by GALACTICOMM
    > ONLINE 9600 BAUD AT 05:45 07-JAN-05
    >
    > If you already have a User-ID on this
    > system, type it in and press RETURN.
    > Otherwise type "new":

    A session log is a capture of the entire data stream including controls
    characters. To get what you desire you can take a session log and pipe
    it through ftp://ftp.columbia.edu/kermit/k95/novt.exe to remove the VT
    control sequences.

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

    --
    -----------------

  3. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    Number 2 is what I am really looking for.
    You want the contents of the stream to be interpretted and
    displayed
    in the command session while your input script is running.

    When I connect to the host manully, the characters are
    interpretted and displayed as colored text or blinking text or whatever
    it is set for, but when I connect using the script, the control
    characters are not interpretted and displayed as the control characters
    instead, ie..[0;1;32m.

    The whole process that I am creating is to be automatic and not
    user controlled. But if someone is watching the process it should be
    easy to follow where exactly the script is.

  4. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    malone wrote:
    > Number 2 is what I am really looking for.
    > You want the contents of the stream to be interpretted and
    > displayed
    > in the command session while your input script is running.
    >

    > When I connect to the host manully, the characters are
    > interpretted and displayed as colored text or blinking text or whatever
    > it is set for, but when I connect using the script, the control
    > characters are not interpretted and displayed as the control characters
    > instead, ie..[0;1;32m.
    >
    > The whole process that I am creating is to be automatic and not
    > user controlled. But if someone is watching the process it should be
    > easy to follow where exactly the script is.

    Then as I indicated you will need to re-write your script in terms
    of CONNECT mode triggers instead of INPUT commands. CONNECT (aka
    terminal) mode is the only place where visible display of the terminal
    screen buffers is available.

    If you wish to contract to have a new feature added that would allow
    a script to execute without displaying the command screen. Please
    contact me via the information posted at

    https://www.secure-endpoints.com

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

    --
    -----------------

  5. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    Thank you for all your help.

    How do I use novt.exe? i can not find any documentation on it.

    ~Matt

  6. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    malone wrote:

    > Thank you for all your help.
    >
    > How do I use novt.exe? i can not find any documentation on it.
    >
    > ~Matt

    Its a "filter" that you "pipe" data through.

    type session.log | novt.exe > session-without-control.txt

    Jeffrey Altman
    Secure Endpoints Inc.

  7. Re: VT100 Control Character problems

    That is what I was missing, Thank you very much for all your help.

+ Reply to Thread