Is there a tutorial on...tcpip file transfer - Protocols

This is a discussion on Is there a tutorial on...tcpip file transfer - Protocols ; Hi, At the moment we use kermit (95) to transfer files serially and across modem links. The host is setup like this: set port COM1 set speed 57600 set block 3 set window 5 set receive packet-length 2000 set transfer ...

  1. Is there a tutorial on...tcpip file transfer

    Hi,

    At the moment we use kermit (95) to transfer files serially and across modem
    links. The host is setup like this:
    set port COM1
    set speed 57600
    set block 3
    set window 5
    set receive packet-length 2000
    set transfer interruption on
    set file collision overwrite
    set flow xon
    Server
    The remote is setup the same apart from instead of Server, it GETs a file and
    SENDs a file.

    I now want to transfer exactly the same files, only across
    ethernet/windows/tcpip networks. What's the simplest way?

    thanks

    -Rob
    robatwork at mail dot com

  2. Re: Is there a tutorial on...tcpip file transfer

    Rob S wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > At the moment we use kermit (95) to transfer files serially and across modem
    > links. The host is setup like this:
    > set port COM1
    > set speed 57600
    > set block 3
    > set window 5
    > set receive packet-length 2000
    > set transfer interruption on
    > set file collision overwrite
    > set flow xon
    > Server
    > The remote is setup the same apart from instead of Server, it GETs a file and
    > SENDs a file.
    >
    > I now want to transfer exactly the same files, only across
    > ethernet/windows/tcpip networks. What's the simplest way?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > -Rob
    > robatwork at mail dot com

    Rob;
    I cut the following from a script we use.

    The script connects to a central *n?x server by modem, telnet, or SSH
    dependent on the remote client wishes using K95.
    Except for this section the method of connection does not matter.
    Hope you find it useful.

    if equal "\$(CONTYPE)" "SSH" {
    set host /net:ssh suse81 /user:\$(USER) /password:\$(PASSWD)
    } else {
    if equal "\$(CONTYPE)" "TELNET" {
    set host \$(USRENTRY)
    } else {
    set modem \$(CONTYPE)
    set port tapi
    if fail end 1 TAPI line Intel already in use.
    set tapi phone-number-conversions off
    set tapi modem-dialing on,
    ;set tapi line intel
    if not equal "\v(modem)" "tapi" set modem type tapi
    set dial timeout 60
    dial \$(USRENTRY)
    }
    if open connection {
    echo CONNECTED TO \$(USRENTRY) by \$(CONTYPE)
    } else {
    echo NO CONNECTION TO \$(USRENTRY) by \$(CONTYPE)
    getok /gui CONNECTION ERROR ...
    close
    quit
    }