no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com - Protocols

This is a discussion on no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com - Protocols ; What the heck does that mean? I suddenly get this error when trying to connect to my fedora core 4 box: no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com Has kermit 95 gotten screwed up on my system, or has ...

  1. no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com

    What the heck does that mean?

    I suddenly get this error when trying to connect to my fedora core 4 box:

    no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com

    Has kermit 95 gotten screwed up on my system, or has the latest openssh
    screwed up my fedora box?

    (I tend towards the fedora box, since I can still use kermit 95
    to ssh to some other machines just like I always could).
    --
    >>==>> The *Best* political site >>==+

    email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |
    Free Software and Politics <<==+

  2. Re: no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com

    >no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com

    Found a fix:

    If I say "set ssh compression off" before trying to connect, I
    can get logged in OK. Looks like something about the latest FC4
    openssh compression is different.
    --

  3. Re: no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com

    >>no matching comp found: client zlib server none,zlib@openssh.com
    >
    >Found a fix:
    >
    >If I say "set ssh compression off" before trying to connect, I
    >can get logged in OK. Looks like something about the latest FC4
    >openssh compression is different.

    Found a better fix:

    If I change the "Compression delayed" parameter in the new sshd_config
    file on my FC4 system back to the old setting of "Compression yes",
    then kermit 95 can connect with no problems even without turning off
    compression.
    --
    >>==>> The *Best* political site >>==+

    email: Tom.Horsley@worldnet.att.net icbm: Delray Beach, FL |