    Thanks in advance
    Patricia

  2. Re: Lucent Modem not responding

    On 2005-08-16, Patricia wrote:
    : I have a fresh install of Red Hat FC2 and a Lucent LTmodem . I finally
    : figured out how to configure kermit and now I am getting a error saying
    : the CTS Signal is off. What am I doing wrong or how can I fix this to
    : get my PC on the internet ?
    :
    One doesn't usually use Kermit to get one's PC on the Internet, unless it's
    to a shell account.

    For GUI access, you would use your PPP dialer. See (for example):

    http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialPPP.html

    I'm not sure what a Tmodem is, but I suspect it's another "winmodem". See:

    http://www.linmodems.org/

    : Thanks in advance
    : Patricia

    - Frank