    On an semi-related note, I am curious why some file transfers run much
    faster than others (all text files). Low of about 18k, high about 88k.

  2. Re: telnet to SCO

    On 2005-07-18, als wrote:
    : I'll try to phrase this correctly
    : I would like to telnet to a SCO sVr4 box, and get essentially the same
    : interaction seen in a Linux Bash console. What (SCO) terminal type
    : would be closest? I have tried to copy the Linux terminal definition
    : for console, VT100, and a few others, but have had no success.
    : Linux: C-Kermit 7.0.197, SCO: C-kermit 6.0.192
    :
    From Windows, no problem, use Kermit 95 and its built-in SCOANSI emulator.

    From Linux, not quite so simple; see:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckfaq.html#term

    : On an semi-related note, I am curious why some file transfers run much
    : faster than others (all text files). Low of about 18k, high about 88k.
    :
    There could be a thousand explanations. All else being equal, it's
    not what you'd expect. So all else must not be equal :-)

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread