convert lf -> lf/cr - Protocols

This is a discussion on convert lf -> lf/cr - Protocols ; Hi, I'm runnig c-kermit 8.0.209 on linux box. I'm connectin to a embedded system via serial line with following options set in my config: set line /dev/ttyUSB0 set speed 115200 set carrier-watch off set handshake none set flow-control none robust ...

  1. convert lf -> lf/cr

    Hi,
    I'm runnig c-kermit 8.0.209 on linux box. I'm connectin to a embedded
    system via serial line with following options set in my config:

    set line /dev/ttyUSB0
    set speed 115200
    set carrier-watch off
    set handshake none
    set flow-control none
    robust
    set file type bin
    set file name lit
    set rec pack 1000
    set send pack 1000
    set window 5
    log SESSION /tmp/kermlog-axissaxis

    The problem is that remote device sends only lf at the end of the
    string and output in kermit is always indented since cr if missing.

    Is there a way to translate lf to lf/cr automaticly?

  2. Re: convert lf -> lf/cr

    :
    : set line /dev/ttyUSB0
    : set speed 115200
    : set carrier-watch off
    : set handshake none
    : set flow-control none
    : robust
    : set file type bin
    : set file name lit
    : set rec pack 1000
    : set send pack 1000
    : set window 5
    : log SESSION /tmp/kermlog-axissaxis
    :
    : The problem is that remote device sends only lf at the end of the
    : string and output in kermit is always indented since cr if missing.
    :
    : Is there a way to translate lf to lf/cr automaticly?
    :
    I could have sworn there was but I can't find it in the commands or in
    the code. There is a command:

    set terminal cr-display { cr, crlf }

    to handle bare incoming carriage returns, but none for bare incoming
    linefeeds. Then looking through my notes, I realize I meant to add it quite
    some time ago, when the same thing happened to me when I was typing directly
    at a PostScript interpreter. So OK, I moved this item up towards the top of
    the list.

    In the meantime, if you're a C programmer, the modification to ckucns.c
    should be pretty straightforward, it would be right here, about line 2246:

    if (c == CR && tt_crd) { /* SET TERM CR-DISPLA CRLF? */
    ckcputc(c); /* Yes, output CR */
    if (seslog && !sessft) logchar((char)c);
    c = LF; /* and insert a linefeed */
    }

    Just stuff a CR before passing on the LF:

    if (c == LF && tt_crd) { /* SET TERM CR-DISPLA CRLF? */
    ckcputc(CR); /* Yes, output CR first */
    if (seslog && !sessft) logchar((char)CR);
    }

    bearing in mind that then you will have a hacked version in which SET TERM
    CR-DISPLAY really means SET TERM LF-DISPLAY. When the next release (or daily
    edit) appears, it will have the new command and you can throw your version out
    and use the new one.

    - Frank

  3. Re: convert lf -> lf/cr

    > Just stuff a CR before passing on the LF:
    >
    > if (c == LF && tt_crd) { /* SET TERM CR-DISPLA CRLF? */
    > ckcputc(CR); /* Yes, output CR first */
    > if (seslog && !sessft) logchar((char)CR);
    > }
    >
    > bearing in mind that then you will have a hacked version in which SET TERM
    > CR-DISPLAY really means SET TERM LF-DISPLAY. When the next release (or daily
    > edit) appears, it will have the new command and you can throw your version out
    > and use the new one.

    Thank you for this quick&dirty hack help. It does just what I wanted!

    regards,
    hk

+ Reply to Thread