Newbie C-Kermit Question - Protocols

This is a discussion on Newbie C-Kermit Question - Protocols ; Hi I am currently researching what ftp clients I can use for a B2B project. I came across C-Kermit and impressed what it can do. I use SUZE Linux 8 and the C-Kermit version is 8.0.200. I am yet to ...

  1. Newbie C-Kermit Question

    Hi

    I am currently researching what ftp clients I can use for a B2B
    project. I came across C-Kermit and impressed what it can do. I use
    SUZE Linux 8 and the C-Kermit version is 8.0.200.

    I am yet to find out what our B2B supplier uses as an ftp server but I
    think they use something on Windows or maybe AS400.

    Will C-Kermit still with work with the ftp server being unknown or does
    it need to be C-Kermit at their end as well ???

    thanks

  2. Re: Newbie C-Kermit Question

    coleas wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I am currently researching what ftp clients I can use for a B2B
    > project. I came across C-Kermit and impressed what it can do. I use
    > SUZE Linux 8 and the C-Kermit version is 8.0.200.
    >
    > I am yet to find out what our B2B supplier uses as an ftp server but I
    > think they use something on Windows or maybe AS400.
    >
    > Will C-Kermit still with work with the ftp server being unknown or does
    > it need to be C-Kermit at their end as well ???

    C-Kermit should work with any ftp server.

    Follow the links from http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ftpclient.html for
    details on using C-Kermit as an FTP client.

    Arthur.

    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread