How to compile kermit w/o buffers??? - Protocols

This is a discussion on How to compile kermit w/o buffers??? - Protocols ; Frank, We got kermit to behave as we needed (without buffered output) by making the changes described by my colleauge below. Would it be possible to have this fixed in the kermit source?.. and even better yet, a runtime flag ...

  1. How to compile kermit w/o buffers???

    Frank,

    We got kermit to behave as we needed (without buffered output) by making the
    changes described by my colleauge below. Would it be possible to have this
    fixed in the kermit source?.. and even better yet, a runtime flag that can
    be passed to toggle this behavior?

    BTW, when I compiled with -DNONOSETBUF and tried "kermit -d" there is no log
    in the debug.log file for "concb setbuf"

    Thanks,
    Robert

    Hi Robert,
    I think the kermit issue has been solved. The solution is showed below,

    1) Download the cku211.tar.gz, unzip it, type the following command,

    make linux

    The unbuffered feature is not built in.

    2) Using the following command,

    make linux "KFLAGS=-DNONOSETBUF"

    The unbuffered feature does not work yet. Because in the file, ckutio.c, the
    line setbuf(stdout, NULL) is not executed at all.

    3) Add new lines in file, ckcmai.c,

    #ifdef NONOSETBUF
    setbuf(stdout,NULL);
    #endif /* NONOSETBUF */

    And then the kermit works well.

  2. Re: How to compile kermit w/o buffers???

    :
    : BTW, when I compiled with -DNONOSETBUF and tried "kermit -d" there is no log
    : in the debug.log file for "concb setbuf"
    :
    Thanks for the report, I'll add these to my list.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread