Just upgraded to Tiger via an Install & Update on Friday.
Problem one was that I'd put the C-Kermit 8.0.21 binary I'd
compiled under 10.2.8 into /usr/local/bin. /usr/local was
removed. The real problem was the install also got rid of
/var/spool/lock, so I had to re-establish that. I'd never
really figured out how to do the lockfile right, just changed
/var/spool/lock to rwrwrw... With the binary back in place
and lock directory restored, C-Kermit worked fine for the
telnet and dial-up accesses I use it for.

One of these days, I'll get around to seeing if I can
build it again too.

--
Clem
"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over."