Using Kermit for Packet Radio - Protocols

This is a discussion on Using Kermit for Packet Radio - Protocols ; Hello, I'm trying to use kermit to interface my Kantronics KPC3+ (Radio Modem, TNC) on and SGI Octane running Irix 6.5.27. I perform the following: set line /dev/ttyd2 set speed 9600 set flow /direct-serial set carrier-watch off connect The prompt ...

  1. Using Kermit for Packet Radio

    Hello,

    I'm trying to use kermit to interface my Kantronics KPC3+ (Radio Modem, TNC)
    on and SGI Octane running Irix 6.5.27. I perform the following:

    set line /dev/ttyd2
    set speed 9600
    set flow /direct-serial
    set carrier-watch off
    connect

    The prompt from my TNC shows up and I can run commands such as "help" on my
    TNC. However, every line overwrites the existing line. The behavior I'm
    expecting is that every new line will have it's own line and not overwrite
    the existing line. I believe this has something to do with kermit not
    interpreting the carriage returns or line feeds correctly? This exact same
    behavior exhibits itself when I "cu -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyd2" from a command
    line. What can I do to make this work?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Rob

  2. Re: Using Kermit for Packet Radio

    On 2005-04-18, Robert Ramsey wrote:
    : I'm trying to use kermit to interface my Kantronics KPC3+ (Radio Modem, TNC)
    : on and SGI Octane running Irix 6.5.27. I perform the following:
    :
    : set line /dev/ttyd2
    : set speed 9600
    : set flow /direct-serial
    : set carrier-watch off
    : connect
    :
    : The prompt from my TNC shows up and I can run commands such as "help" on my
    : TNC. However, every line overwrites the existing line. The behavior I'm
    : expecting is that every new line will have it's own line and not overwrite
    : the existing line. I believe this has something to do with kermit not
    : interpreting the carriage returns or line feeds correctly? This exact same
    : behavior exhibits itself when I "cu -s 9600 -l /dev/ttyd2" from a command
    : line. What can I do to make this work?
    :
    Try this:

    set terminal cr-display crlf

    - Frank