WPA causing Kermit BSOD - Protocols

This is a discussion on WPA causing Kermit BSOD - Protocols ; Kermit 95 using TCP/IP over a WPA wireless link is causing XPSP2 to blue screen and reboot. Any ideas anyone? Definately doesnt occur when connected via a normal LAN cable, only when its via my Wireless G WAP point with ...

  1. WPA causing Kermit BSOD

    Kermit 95 using TCP/IP over a WPA wireless link is causing XPSP2 to blue
    screen and reboot. Any ideas anyone? Definately doesnt occur when connected
    via a normal LAN cable, only when its via my Wireless G WAP point with WPA
    pre-shared key enabled. Very annoying!!

  2. Re: WPA causing Kermit BSOD

    "James Serjeant" wrote in message
    news:AKk0e.117849$Bk7.42052@fe1.news.blueyonder.co .uk...
    > Kermit 95 using TCP/IP over a WPA wireless link is causing XPSP2 to blue
    > screen and reboot. Any ideas anyone? Definately doesnt occur when
    > connected
    > via a normal LAN cable, only when its via my Wireless G WAP point with WPA
    > pre-shared key enabled. Very annoying!!

    Have you tried the native Windows Telnet client and/or the native Windows
    FTP client using the wireless connection. Do these fail when doing a
    function similar to the K95 function which fails?
    Regards...Dan.

  3. Re: WPA causing Kermit BSOD

    I would like to point out that it is a device driver loaded in the
    kernel which causes the BSOD and not a user process such as K95. I
    suggest you look into finding an updated driver for your wireless card
    and perhaps updated firmware.

+ Reply to Thread