atomic append - Protocols

This is a discussion on atomic append - Protocols ; Hello, I need to be able to append incomming files in atomic manner, e.g. I will have a (large) log file and will need to append a 1 kB chunks at a time. Chunks cannot be missed or duplicated. Chunks ...

  1. atomic append

    Hello,

    I need to be able to append incomming files in atomic manner, e.g. I
    will have a (large) log file and will need to append a 1 kB chunks at a

    time. Chunks cannot be missed or duplicated. Chunks cannot be left in
    partially written state. Can kermit handle that? What version do I
    need?
    The host is linux system.

    Thanks,

    Sergei

  2. Re: atomic append

    Kermit can probably handle this. See http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/case10.html

    --
    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net The highway is for gamblers,