Using Kermit API - Protocols

This is a discussion on Using Kermit API - Protocols ; Hi I need to use kermit to send pager messages, from a C++ application, I have read at various locations on the web that there is no library to do this, but that I should use the kermit API. My ...

  1. Using Kermit API

    Hi

    I need to use kermit to send pager messages, from a C++ application, I
    have read at various locations on the web that there is no library to do
    this, but that I should use the kermit API.

    My question is can anyone point me to a good resource that has
    information on how to use the API and if possible more specifically how
    to use it in relation to C or C++?

    Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

    Ben

  2. Re: Using Kermit API

    ...not sure but ...try with gsmlib ...gsmlib-1.10-2.9.i386.rpm..or
    something like that

  3. Re: Using Kermit API

    vikrant.shahir@gmail.com wrote:
    > ..not sure but ...try with gsmlib ...gsmlib-1.10-2.9.i386.rpm..or
    > something like that

    I am afraid this won't work for me, the solution I use needs to be cross
    platform. The main platforms I am running on are Solaris 8, 9, Linux,
    OpenBSD, plus I need to message pagers, gsmlib only messages GSM enabled
    cellphones, and only runs on 1 of my required platforms ( thanks for
    the suggestion though, it is appreciated.

    Ben

  4. Re: Using Kermit API

    in comp.protocols.kermit.misc i read:

    >I need to use kermit to send pager messages, from a C++ application, I
    >have read at various locations on the web that there is no library to
    >do this, but that I should use the kermit API.

    perhaps e-kermit -- see .

    --
    a signature

  5. Re: Using Kermit API

    Ben Maynard wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I need to use kermit to send pager messages, from a C++ application,

    > have read at various locations on the web that there is no library to

    do
    > this, but that I should use the kermit API.
    >
    > My question is can anyone point me to a good resource that has
    > information on how to use the API and if possible more specifically

    how
    > to use it in relation to C or C++?

    Another post in this thread has already suggested E-Kermit.

    Another approach is to invoke C-Kermit from your application to execute
    a script to send the page. See
    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/scriptlib.html for links to the C-Kermit
    documentation and existing pager scripts.

    --
    Mark Sapiro msapiro at value net The highway is for gamblers,