    Sincerely yours,
    Vassili Syskine

  2. Re: using G-Kermit as an external protocol

    On 2005-03-14, Vassili Syskine wrote:
    : I need to use G-Kermit as an external protocol.
    :
    : Do I understand correctly that, while transferring
    : file, I pass each byte received via pipe to the
    : G-Kermit process and send back whatever G-Kermit
    : process writes back?
    :
    No, G-Kermit does not have the ability to send files from
    or to a pipe or stdin/out. When using G-Kermit as an
    external protocol (by including the -X command-line option),
    files are referenced in the normal way in the file system.
    The only difference is that in this case G-Kermit does not
    attempt to alter the terminal modes.

    If you need to pipe stdin or stdout through the Kermit protocol,
    you can use C-Kermit for that:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/ckermit.html

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread