Kermit - cant hand shake - Protocols

This is a discussion on Kermit - cant hand shake - Protocols ; Hi everyone, I am very new to this group and dealing with Kermit as well. The problem that i have is that when i dial in to UNIX box with Kermi95 GUI i can not get my machine and Unix ...

  1. Kermit - cant hand shake

    Hi everyone,
    I am very new to this group and dealing with Kermit as well.

    The problem that i have is that when i dial in to UNIX box with Kermi95
    GUI i can not get my machine and Unix box to shake hands. They try to
    communicate but it does not go further then that.

    I was told to try out ProComm, but the same thing happens on ProComm.
    However, if i type in command at+ms=v22b ProComm connects and i can do
    all the things I need.

    I tried to see where i can enter the same command in Kermit but can not
    find such place.

    Any help is very much appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. Re: Kermit - cant hand shake

    :
    : I was told to try out ProComm, but the same thing happens on ProComm.
    : However, if i type in command at+ms=v22b ProComm connects and i can do
    : all the things I need.
    :
    In other words, you are entering a magic configuration into the modem
    that makes the connection work.

    : I tried to see where i can enter the same command in Kermit but can not
    : find such place.
    :
    Suggest you glance at the K95 tutorial:

    http://www.columbia.edu/kermit/k95tutor.html

    At the prompt, or in a command or script or customization file:

    set modem command predial AT+MS22b\13

    or:

    set modem dial-command AT+MS22b%s\13

    In the Dialer, click Modems in the main menu, then Change, then Modify
    Commands, and enter:

    AT+MS22b%s\13

    into the Dial: text box.

    - Frank