DOS to Linux file transfer - Protocols

This is a discussion on DOS to Linux file transfer - Protocols ; Hi I'm trying to connect an old i486 DOS (kermit 3.15) to a linux box (kermit 8.0.209) with a null-modem cable to exchange files (DOS is the server). This works perfectly when I get files from DOS to linux but ...

  1. DOS to Linux file transfer

    Hi

    I'm trying to connect an old i486 DOS (kermit 3.15) to a linux box (kermit
    8.0.209) with a null-modem cable to exchange files (DOS is the server).

    This works perfectly when I get files from DOS to linux but it fails after
    lot of retries and errors when I send files from linux to DOS with the
    following error Receiver's message: "No response from the host"

    Here is the DOS parameters:
    set modem type none
    set line COM1
    set speed 115200
    set flow rts/cts
    server

    Linux parameters are the same except it's the client. I have tried different
    speed and flow parameters without success.

    Anybody has an idea ?

    Thank you

    JPF

  2. Re: DOS to Linux file transfer

    :
    : This works perfectly when I get files from DOS to linux but it fails after
    : lot of retries and errors when I send files from linux to DOS with the
    : following error Receiver's message: "No response from the host"
    :
    : Here is the DOS parameters:
    : set modem type none
    : set line COM1
    : set speed 115200
    : set flow rts/cts
    : server
    :
    : Linux parameters are the same except it's the client. I have tried different
    : speed and flow parameters without success.
    :
    RTS/CTS flow control should do the trick if (a) you have it set on both
    ends, and (b) the cable actually crosses over RTS and CTS end to end.

    You can put the MS-DOS Kermit server into debug mode with "set debug on"
    or something like that, I don't have a copy handy at the moment.

    - Frank

+ Reply to Thread